This is the second part to my previous post on Healthy Carrot Cake Cupcakes. I am ALL about the frosting. I was one of those kids who would just lick the frosting off the cupcake first before I ate it! Traditional recipes call for butter and I used plain Greek Yogurt instead. Still adds creaminess and texture, without all of the unhealthy fat!
Total Time: 5 minutes
– 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp cream cheese (low fat or vegan)
– 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp plain Greek Yogurt (you can use dairy free)
– 3 tbsp Stevia
– 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
** if you are wanting to add more sweetness you can add more Stevia to your liking.. depending on how sweet you want it. I personally like the cream cheese flavour to pop.
1. Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor or blender until completely smooth.
2. If you are wanting a thinner frosting, you can add a little milk of choice to thin it out.
3. Refrigerate leftover frosting up to 4 days!