An easy, make-ahead breakfast, and full of nutrients! Matcha Overnight Oats are the perfect way to start your day, or great for that afternoon pick-me-up. My recommendation with Matcha would be “less is more” mentality, especially if you haven’t used Matcha a lot. Top with your favourite fruit or granola and add a touch of honey for sweetness!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Serving Size: 2
– 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Rolled Oats
– 2 tbs chia seeds
– 28g plant based vanilla protein powder
– 2 tsp matcha powder
– 1/3 cup tbs yogurt (I used Oikos)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
– Unsweetened flaked coconut
– Fresh fruit
1. In a jar, combine all of your ingredients from rolled oats to milk, and stir well until thoroughly mixed. You can also seal the jar and shake.
2. You can divide oats into two 8 oz. jars, or keep it into one large jar. Allow matcha oats to thicken overnight, or at least 4 hours, until liquid is absorbed.
3. Add your toppings into blueberries, crunchy granola, nut butter, etc. and enjoy straight from the jar!
More about Matcha Green Tea
Matcha is a traditional Japanese green tea that comes with so many endless health benefits! It has been shown to help with cancer prevention, aid in weight loss, and lower LDL (“bad’ cholesterol). And one of the biggest benefits from this, ENERGY! I am a coffee drinker, 2-3 cups a day! Did you know that Matcha can provide you with the same benefit as coffee, but is a lot healthier! After just a single cup of matcha, you’ll have the alertness, concentration and focus that keeps you going all day long.