As I mentioned before, breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. To refresh, “break-the-fast”! Here are four important reasons why you should eat breakfast EVERY morning!
- Your body responds to not eating for hours by slowing down your metabolism..by eating breakfast you speed up your metabolism.
- When you skip breakfast, chances are you are starving by lunch, and you will eat WAY more than you should.
- Skipping breakfast may make it more difficult to concentrate. Your body needs fuel to focus!
- HANGRY… need I say more?
Below I have shared a twist on the classic breakfast sandwich. Loaded with veggies, you are sure to feel full, plus you are getting a dose of vegetables for the day!
-405 calories/ serving
-1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Sea Salt & Black Pepper
-2 leaves Romaine
-1/4 Tomato (sliced)
-1/4 Avocado (sliced)
-2 slices Whole Grain Bread (toasted)
1. Heat a small pan over medium heat. Warm the olive oil and crack the egg in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the whites are set the yolk is cooked to your liking.
2. To assemble the sandwich, later the romaine leaves, tomato, and avocado slices on one piece of toast. Add the egg and remaining piece of toast on top to complete the sandwich. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free bread instead of whole wheat bread.
More Flavour: Butter the toast before assembling the sandwich.
Additional Toppings: Add mayo, mustard, hot sauce or cheese to the sandwich.